AQA GCSE Chinese Textbook 1
AQA GCSE Chinese Textbook 1 is the first part of a new two-part series aimed at students with some prior knowledge of Chinese. In order to begin this book, students should have a knowledge of about 200 words, and should be able to write 50-100 characters. This course is aligned to AQA’s new GCSE Chinese specification and is written with the requirements of non-heritage learners in mind.
Key features of this textbook include:
- Pinyin supporting text – pinyin is written underneath selected characters to aid the student with pronunciation.
- Writing characters – by the end of the book, students will be able to write between 225-300 characters.
- Clear explanations on grammar and word use – non-technical language is used for all explanations.
- Cultural knowledge – ample information is provided on Chinese culture, both ancient and modern.
- A global perspective – students get a good exposure to a variety of places where Chinese is spoken.
- Differentiated approach – this textbook presents a wide range of activity types, from word creation to creative writing.
- Written for the new GCSE specification and approved by AQA – a useful GCSE Themes Finder section is included which shows the relevant units that cover each of the new GCSE themes.
This course aims to provide everything students need to master the language; it is complete with interactive activities, cultural insight and detailed grammar explanations.
A workbook and online portal accompany the textbook, giving opportunity for extra practice and enabling teachers to track students’ progress.
Access to online resources is included FREE with each purchase of the printed book.
Preview the book here.